Friday, February 7, 2014

Week 5, 36% body fat (monthly visitor)

Gratuitous Selfie with new phone
Sorry for the late posting!  It has been the week from you-know-where!

I'm just going to share a short post I placed on my FaceBook page this week instead of blogging, because I think it's a good message and bears repeating:

For the past seven years I have been working closely with a group of men and women whose average age is around 85.

Up until recently, many of these "elderly" volunteers were in better shape than me.  Two women who are particularly inspiring, aged 81 and 83 respectively, get up every morning and either walk two miles or attend water aerobics.

Both women are adamant that it is the exercise that keeps them younger than their years.

This morning on my bike ride into work I realized that I am in better shape now, in my 40s, than I was in my 20s.  I look better, too!

As much as we hate to hear it when we're stuck in a sedentary lifestyle, it's exercise that's going to keep us young and active into our later years.  That, a positive attitude and a healthy diet will keep my body going long enough to achieve my dream of being the town eccentric - the little old lady on a bike!


Have an empowering day!

No comments:

Post a Comment