Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 1 (restart), 39% Body Fat


Me before and after dropping 100 lbs. After a 30 lb. gain
I am back to this place.
When I started with Ideal Protein eons ago, I weighed 288 lbs and had a 48% body fat.  It took me a little over a year to drop 120 lbs. and get my body fat down to 28%.

Back in August, my life went a bit haywire and I stopped the diet in order to focus on other things going on in my life. Unfortunately, I let stress get the better of me and I ate more high caloric foods than I should have and many nights I drank wine in the evenings to help me sleep. 

As a result I put some weight back on.  Friends look at me in surprize when I say I've put on some weight because they don't see a big change in my shape.  After all, I am still wearing the same size jeans I was wearing when I stopped dieting.

Well, let me tell you, I know what I look like under the clothes and I definitely have lost some ground.  I have a pooch on my stomach that wasn't there before and the scale shows not a 20 lb. gain that I thought I had put on, it's closer to 30!

I'm not frustrated.  One of the amazing things I learned about myself while dieting is that I can do pretty much anything I put my mind to doing.  I am not a lost cause! I've climbed a bigger mountain than this in the past and I can continue on to a firm body. It's time I got my groove back, start eating right and get back on the bike!


On Monday I started back with Ideal Protein. This time my goal is to get my body fat ratio down to somewhere around 25-27%.  From here on out I am going to focus on my body fat ratio, instead of pounds, because I think we get too hung up on the numbers we see on the scale when it's the body fat number that tells you how healthy you really are.

More next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment