Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 35, 182 lbs.

It all stayed the same.  Both the number on the scale and my fat ratio stayed put.  No ground lost, no ground gained.

I was frustrated at first.  I was on plan all week and was ready to see some progress, especially after the last couple of weeks.  But then I remembered this happened before, right before the end of my female cycle and figure I must be retaining water or something.  So I am going to hang in there and see what happens next week.

Instead of pouting and getting upset for not having any progress to report, I am celebrating how far I've come, how much I've changed, since starting Ideal Protein.  Here's what I am celebrating:
  • 106 lbs. of fat off my body!!!!!!
  • Pain-free knees
  • General sense of well-being
  • Improved health!  The body is functioning as it should again!
  • More energy to make it through the day
  • Looking good in my clothes
  • Ability to cross my legs at the knee when sitting
  • Fitting into theater seats, seat belts, restroom stalls and anywhere else "average" sized people can fit.
  • Improved confidence and sense of self
  • Knowing, without an ounce of doubt, that I will never be fat again
How can I feel down after listing such wonderful accomplishments? 

It won't be long before I am finally off Phase I and ready to move into the Phase II of Ideal Protein.  That's when I begin to focus on how to eat when I am back in the "real world" - almost a scary thought. 

But hey, if I can shed 106 lbs. in eight months, I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment