Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Week 32, 181 lbs.

Last week I was diagnosed with influenza, strain b, so there's not much to report.  I spent most of my time since my last weigh-in coughing, sneezing, sleeping, moaning, aching and staring blankly at crime shows on TV so it's all a bit of a blur.

I didn't feel much like eating, nor did I spend a lot of time in my diet mind-set while I was sick.  I just focused on resting and getting better.  I was half on and half off the diet and still managed to drop three pounds in spite of everything.  My fat ratio dropped, too!

Before I got really sick, I had a funny thing happen.  A person I hadn't seen in about a year dropped by my office, looked me straight in the face and asked, "Where's Lanza?"  Most of the time when people don't recognize me, it's only for a moment.  When they hear my voice or take a good look at my face they realize who I am.  This lady didn't have a clue who I was even after I greeted her by name and made full eye contact.

I told her I was Lanza, but even then she stared at me for a beat or two, not believing, before belting out a startled, "Well, what the h--- happened to you?!" She was totally creeped out by the experience.

Now I am back at work, over the flu but still coughing, and ready to knock out these last few pounds so I can move on to the next phase of the diet.  I am not sure how much further I have to go.  In my head, I'd like to be in the 140-50 lb. range, but it all hinges on my fat ratio and where I am when I hit the "healthy" range.

Have a great week! 






1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you are getting better! Congrats on the 3lbs!

    ReplyDelete