What blew me away was that my body fat percentage is down to 35%! That's a huge drop and just four points away from the "acceptable" range. The end of phase one is just a few weeks away!
During the holidays I knew there would be challenges, and when I indulged in something that was off plan, I worked a bit of exercise into my day so I wouldn't lose any ground. While Ideal Protein has been an easier diet to follow than others I've found and has worked faster than anything else I've tried, I have come too far and have worked too hard to let the holidays derail my progress.
For the first time in decades I am looking forward to the coming year with a sense of optimism and am making a few resolutions about how I am going to live my life post-diet.
Here are my resolutions for the coming year:
- I will take classes related to my art medium and enrich my skills
- I will exhibit my work in public more than once this year (I already have a show scheduled later this month!)
- When I reach the end of dieting, I will take pride in my appearance. No more baggy sweatshirts and poorly groomed hair. (I am already doing this - but I've been so sloppy in the past I'm still a work in progress.)
- I will exercise regularly, eat healthy and treat my body with respect and love.
Self-destructive, unhealthy habits are a thing of the past
- I will be a source of love and encouragement to others and focus on being more upbeat: Laugh more, complain less.