Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 16, 225 lbs.

This is new. This week I showed no change on the scale.  At least the weight didn't go up - then I'd really be upset.


Tags from a current favorite outfit - jacket and pants.
Not only do I feel like I look really good when I'm wearing this, I get a kick out of the size (just an L)
 and love the motivational quotes the clothing line
includes  in its  labeling.

For some reason everything stayed put, even though I am seeing more changes in my shape.  Crystal, my diet coach, said not to get discouraged.  This just happens sometimes. 

Maybe it's hormonal.  Maybe I built some muscle through my bike riding and exercise.  Maybe I ate lunch too close to weigh-in (it was later than usual). Maybe my body just decided to be stubborn this week.  It could be anything.

This is just one week out of 16 and I have many more to go. In the grand scheme of things, this is just a small delay in my progress.  I can't let this one hiccup discourage me.

So..... instead of thinking something went wrong or beating myself up for something I should have or shouldn't have done, I am going to focus on the positives:


  • I am healthier than I was 16 weeks ago and feel fantastic.
  • My personal relationships have improved - not only do I feel better about myself, I have more energy to interact with my loved ones.
  • I have tons of energy I didn't have before.
  • There are clothes hanging in my closet that don't have an X in the size - and I am wearing them.
  • I can climb stairs without knee pain or getting winded
  • Wonder of wonders - I can cross my legs comfortably at the knee!
  • I am sleeping comfortably through the night.
  • People at work are treating me differently - in a good way.
  • My house looks better than it has in years
  • I am wearing jeans I haven't worn since I was in my 20s, and I feel better both mentally and physically than I did when I originally wore them.
With all that and more to consider, it's hard to be too upset about one week.  With my progress so far and the law of averages to consider, I know this week is an exception rather than the expected.

As long as I stick to the program, drink lots of water and live life to the fullest, I will keep moving toward my goal.  Right now, it is my intention to loose 83 more pounds. That goal may change as I continue forward and my shape continues to emerge from the rolls of fat I've been carrying around for far too long.  Whether it's 83 or 93 more pounds - I know I am well on my way to reaching the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote on the tag! Keep up the good work....you can't be a loser every week!

    ReplyDelete