Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 6, 258 lbs.

When I stepped off the scale this afternoon, I actually gave a hearty "Wahoo!" - I realized that not only had I dropped six pounds this week, but I've lost a total of 30 lbs. in six short weeks!! 

30 lbs!!!!  It's still sinking in.  I've lost the weight equivalent of a small child!  This is the most I've lost on any diet.

The capri pants that were too tight for me when I started this blog are now falling off me and today is probably the last day I'll be able to wear them without suspenders.  I have a friend who lost a great deal of weight several years ago and she suggested that I keep an item of clothing in my closet from when I was my beginning weight so that when I reach my goal I can see how far I've come.  The capri pants are the pants I'm hanging on to.

I feel so much better than I did six weeks ago.  One knee has stopped hurting and the other feels better, but still gives me fits.  It's easier to bike up hills and I have so much more energy than I used to have. 

I've also fallen in love with vegetables, especially roasted cauliflower and broccoli. I am also enjoying discovering vegetables like bok choy, that I never had tried before. I know that when I reach my goal and am off the diet, my eating habits are going to be very different than they were before I started Ideal Protein.  A whole new world is opening up for me.

I was in the grocery store this afternoon and eyed the snack aisle briefly.  In the old days, there was nothing I loved more than a salty, greasy bag of chips.  I could eat an entire full-size bag in one sitting - by myself.  I  really don't crave them anymore. 

From here on out, I plan to reward myself at 10 pound milestones.  The clinic where I weigh in gave me a certificate for a 30 minute massage after I lost my first 20 lbs.  I haven't redeemed that certificate yet - I'm saving it for mid-August when I get past this incredibly hectic and busy month at work.  The certificate got me to thinking about how I should celebrate my progress.

So at this 30 pound mark, I've decided to find a salon that does pedicures and treat myself to some pampering.  Now that I can see my feet better, I realize it's beyond time to do something about them..... really, they're a nightmare.

I wonder how far along I'll be in another six weeks?  Stay tuned!! (I feel like I can accomplish almost anything today.)



No comments:

Post a Comment